Over the many centuries of human existence, there are two factors that have caused
major resets in History. Global resets may either be caused by natural causes or by
human causes. At first appearances, these resets may not appear to have much in
common, but when analyzed closely here is what we found.
- All major resets create change
- There are an equal number of opportunities and threats in most resets.
- How people react to these changes, determines their future destiny
- Different cultures have reacted to these changes in very different ways and their
outcomes have varied greatly.
- A study of History reveals why cultures have embraced change or resisted it.
Natural causes for major resets are usually associated with climate changes
- Famines - due to the absence of rain or crop diseases
- Diseases - pandemics
- Floods and earthquakes (resulting in shifts of waterways)
Man-made (human) resets have been part of the competition and excessive greed.
What I was surprised by, was the frequency of these disasters and the
inter-relationships between these resets. In many situations, one reset has triggered
another reset. Technology has been the largest culprit, since it has been both a cause
of a reset as well as a result of another reset.
The purpose of examining major resets is in the context of the current Covid-19
the pandemic that will certainly go down as a major reset in World history. We will be
examining the changes that this pandemic will create. This will be followed by the
opportunities and threats to our future lives.
Not every major reset is Global, but it does have a major impact in the lives of the
people that are impacted by it.